Vue / XSI problem

Bassssi

Grünschnabel
Hi,

my name is Sebastian an I am working for a german visual effects company at studio babelsberg.

We are working on a race scene, for which we need a road leading through a forrest. We are using the Vue 6 xStream and the plug-in for XSI (so we need to import the scene in our XSI-scene).

When we test-render the scene in Vue, everything seems ok, but after rendering in XSI, there is a cutting border through the whole vue terrain, where colors brighten up. It's not changing from frame to frame - it's a fixed location and we have tried a lot to fix this.

We have checked the vue scene, deleted components and created new ones, exported some stuff and imported it into new scenes.

Is there anyone who is familiar to this problem ? Time is running out and we need some help !

Here are 2 renderings (1. vue / 2. xsi with the border problem)

sf7.JPG

bGm.JPG

Greetings from Berlin !
Thank you

It seems like the bright area also exists in the first picture, but it is much softer there. So you should make sure, that you are not using different shadow models
(shadow maps - soft edges / raytraced shadows - sharp edges) or different settings for the 'softness' of the light source.

Hey,

thanks for your answers. I found someone who is familiar to this problem. Here is his answer from another vue-forum:

Hi,

I have the same problem with vue/xsi intergrated scenes - in fact I have a support thread going for exactly this.

What seems to happen is that an extra Vue6xStreamEnvMR node is put into the Volume Shader Stack when the Xsi scene is loaded - this causes the atmosphere to render incorrectly. Deleting the extra node - leaving just one - fixes the problem, but only temporarily because the extra node returns the next time the scene is loaded. I have yet to find a way around this problem. Let me know if you find something!

Tim

Neue Beiträge

Zurück